Dominion Trail Mix will be gathering volunteers from the community to assist in the day's activities. Volunteers all receive a free Trail Mix t-shirt and have a chance to win other fun prizes for joining our team on Saturday, October 20th! Thank you for your support!
2012 Trail Mix Volunteer Responsibilities
Volunteers can assist with either The Great Skedaddle or Trailfest/Living Well Expo or both (providing of course that shifts do not overlap)! The following roles and responsibilities are available for volunteers to pick from:
Volunteers for The Great Skedaddle (Event time: 10:30AM-11:30AM):
- Water Stops -- A total of 30 volunteers are needed to work 3 water stops, with 10 volunteers at each stop. Water stop volunteers are needed from 9:30AM to 12:00 PM. They will be responsible for pouring cups of water and handing them out to runners/bikers as they pass. Trash liners and other equipment will be provided so the volunteers can maintain the area. Water stop volunteers will also provide smiles and motivation!
- Course Marshals -- A total of 10 volunteers are needed along various points of the course from 9:30AM to 12:00PM. Volunteers will be positioned at pre-determined "posts" along the course to direct runners/bikers. Course Marshals also monitor the condition of participants and notify event officials by mobile phone in the event of illness or injury on the course. All Course Marshals are required to have a mobile phone available to use at the event.
- Start /Finish Area -- 10 volunteers are needed from 9:45AM to 12:00PM to staff the start and finish line area, direct participants to appropriate starting areas, make sure participants are in position for the start of the event, and hand out water to participants as they cross the Finish Line.
- Great Skedaddle Registration and Information Tent -- 7 volunteers are needed from 9:00AM to 12:00PM to provide assistance to those registering for the event that morning. Volunteers will collect registration fees, assign bib numbers, assist in the completion of all necessary forms and answer any event questions.
- Bag / Shirt Distribution Tent -- 8 volunteers are needed from 9:00AM to 12:30PM to distribute race packets and shirts to registered participants in the morning and pass out bags at the finish line.
Volunteers for Trailfest/Living Well Expo (Event time: 11:00AM – 5:00PM):
- Information Volunteer (shift 1) -- 10 volunteers are needed from 9:30AM to 1:30PM to greet event attendees, answer their questions and provide general assistance. Information Volunteers will staff the Information Tent and will be deployed throughout the site. They will be provided with an FAQ, site maps and other materials to help answer questions from the public
- Information Volunteer (shift 2) -- 10 volunteers are needed from 1:00PM to 5:30PM. Job description same as above.